Asbestos exposure can cause numerous deleterious health effects. Asbestos is an ubiquitous building material, especially in houses built before 1977, and when this material is damaged, it may need to be removed.
Lead-based paint was used extensively in the U.S. from the 1940s until being banned in 1978 by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. Some countries today still ship products containing lead paint to the U.S.
Mold can grow on almost any damp surface. Mold can produce all kinds of spores, which cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks to humans and animals.
Construction waste can contain hazardous materials. Transporting and disposing of these materials must be done with care and in accordance with all laws and regulations.
Dust, mold, and other allergens and toxic substances can build up on the inside of HVAC ductwork, reducing efficiency and causing a source and widespread and repeated exposure throughout buildings.
Due to the fact that contaminants and waste products can still be present in the building, proper safety measures must be in place to ensure the material is removed and disposed of properly.
Some asbestos-containing materials can be treated with a special sealant to lock the asbestos fibers, keeping them from becoming airborne. This solution is an efficient, less expensive alternative to asbestos removal.
Hazardous materials may have been exposed due to flood, fire, earthquake, or other accident. To avoid adverse health effects, it's best to have licensed, certified professionals to do the cleanup for you.
Many roofing materials, such as cements, coatings, mastics, and flashings may contain asbestos. These materials must be properly removed and disposed of with care.
Cleaning up after as fire can be messy, difficult, and even dangerous. This debris may contain a number of different hazardous materials that need to be collected and removed by licensed professionals and disposed of properly.